Door lock is under warranty.Used for years, Spring apparently got worn and the cylinder part that keeps the door closed would get stuck.

It was one of 2 in a set. I installed the other one and noticed the spring had more tension. Called Kwikset in California. Was on hold for 31 minutes.

Was sent an email with a case number and directed to attach a picture of the old one. Was unable to attach the picture to their request by using "drag & drop" probably due to unsupported Vista and google. Need mailing address to send picture.

R.Valerio, East Hartford, CT

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "new replacement lockset under warranty" as the author lost $20. The author is overall dissatisfied with Kwikset. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Kwikset.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Security category for more informed decision or compare Kwikset to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kwikset?

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #1275282

Note if you are having troubles with Vistas IE which is probably outdated. Why don't you download Firefox the newest one which is still supports running on Vista.

San Jose, California, United States #1275279

I just had my Kwikset Arlington Single Cylinder Antique Brass Handleset replaced since the spring on the indoor knob broke.It's about maybe 15 years old or more.

I did not expect them to send me a whole new replacement set and so they did pretty quick.

Maybe took about a week or so after I sent in the photos of my original set via my iPhone and submitted it directly from my iPhone.

Darby, Pennsylvania, United States #1259941

Installed a Kwikset Smartkey Juno double cylinder combo pack approx. 2 years ago; thank god I was inside the house when the bottom lock failed; I tried everything to get the handle to turn enough to open the plunger, to no avail.

Called a lockservice and was told to avoid the Smartkey locks due to plastic part breaking rendering the lock useless.....$165 later I had new bottom lock installed..

Lewes, Delaware, United States #1247466

They replaced my door knob with no issues. Uploaded a pic and was All set. Try calling back.

Thanks