I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off.Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to install the new lever and found out that the mounting mechanism was "crooked"and that the screw wouldn't go into one part.
I called Kwikset and waited for 27 minutes before I could speak to anyone. They had me send a picture (which I will include) to show them what the problem was and assigned me a case number. I then went to Lowes and took the lock and asked them if they could figure out what the problem was. They agreed that it was a defective part.
I purchased a new door lever, brought it home and proceeded to install it. There was nothing in the directions, or one-line videos that explained how to *** the rosette from the face plate. The video they had showed the "obvious" things, but completely blew past the part on how to remove the rosette from the face plate. I once again called Kwikset, waited 25 minutes this time.
The person I spoke to walked me through it and I was able to install the handle. Nothing was in the paper instructions or on the internet. I have installed many doorknobs, levers over the past 30 years, but I have never come across so much difficulty and bad directions in one product. I have 26 more levers/handles to replace.
It won't be with Kwikset this time.The only good thing I can say is that their packaging is nice and the product is attractive - but no matter how pretty something is, poor quality and bad directions are a deal breaker.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Defective Mounting Mechanism
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "File several support tickets on the following dates 5/4/2016, 5/5/2016, 5/6/2016, 5/15/2016 for (1) outdoor camera that has water in it with poor visibility and now a new ticket for..."
- "I hate door to door salesmen as much as the next guy. And when this Devcon guy came knocking on the door i showed it. i don't appreciate someone coming..."
- "Service guy came to repair trash compactor and he found one less than 3 inch bone and he has make an issue that because of the compactor got burnt out...."
- "Worst customer service ever, weeks of dealing with this ***. Never ordering again...."
- "Using Wal-Mart's on-line ordering system I ordered a $60 Net10 card to recharge my cell phone. The Card recharge code was supposed to be sent to me within 48 hours..."
- "This company is a fraud. They say I owe Paypal $930.00 and I almost never use Paypal. I called Paypal customer service AND the Paypal collections department and..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "My newer home had severe hail damage this past July, lots of hail damage to roof and siding. I am still waiting for this to get resolved. Horrible..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."