I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off.Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to install the new lever and found out that the mounting mechanism was "crooked"and that the screw wouldn't go into one part.
I called Kwikset and waited for 27 minutes before I could speak to anyone. They had me send a picture (which I will include) to show them what the problem was and assigned me a case number. I then went to Lowes and took the lock and asked them if they could figure out what the problem was. They agreed that it was a defective part.
I purchased a new door lever, brought it home and proceeded to install it. There was nothing in the directions, or one-line videos that explained how to *** the rosette from the face plate. The video they had showed the "obvious" things, but completely blew past the part on how to remove the rosette from the face plate. I once again called Kwikset, waited 25 minutes this time.
The person I spoke to walked me through it and I was able to install the handle. Nothing was in the paper instructions or on the internet. I have installed many doorknobs, levers over the past 30 years, but I have never come across so much difficulty and bad directions in one product. I have 26 more levers/handles to replace.
It won't be with Kwikset this time.The only good thing I can say is that their packaging is nice and the product is attractive - but no matter how pretty something is, poor quality and bad directions are a deal breaker.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Defective Mounting Mechanism
- Review category
- Home Security
You May Also Like
- "We had intruder spot and take out a Lorex LBV2723B bullet camera. The camera was left behind, but there was damage to the wiring harness - it had been pulled..."
- "Date:27 Jan 2016 (Wed) Dear Sir/Mdm, I am a shopper reside at Sembawang area near Sembawang Mart located at Canberra-Blk 511 Canberra Road.I reside and also a frequent shopper at this mart.To..."
- "I am having a BIG issue with Vivint and at this point will NOT recommend anyone use them, I had it install on Aug 9th and I said yes to..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "Hello my husband and I sold our hone in October. We picked out our new bonanza and loved it two tone colors gray and blue . We are still at..."
- "My name is Ronnie Coleman I'm calling from Hopkinsville Kentucky to visit in the whole John Silver's 713 at approximately 50 + 9 the young lady that was there this..."
- "Buyer beware!! Read the return policy closely!! We ordered a football helmet for our grandson for Christmas in November. Measured his head, per their instructions, and ordered..."