I bought Kwikset locks for my entire house in 2001 (12 years ago).They're all gone bad.
Most of the time, it's the finish. The front door lock finish has simply rubbed twice over time... twice now! They replace them, sure, but you have to take the time to install the lock or hire a locksmith.
It's not worth the trouble, folks. Get a good luck for just a few dollars more and never worry about it again. What a terrible company and product.
I just got off the phone with customer service. I asked if they'd replace my lock with something better this time.
He said it would be the same product, and that "nothing has changed." I guess in 3-4 years I'll be replacing it yet again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kwikset Exterior Door Handle Lock
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "My Pulte home came with a "free" baseline electric Whirlpool kitchen appliance package, with multiple options to upgrade the appliance line as long as it was electric. Only one..."
- "I purchased a Kwikset Smart Key lever from the Signature Series to replace a handle that the finish had worn off. Upon disassembling my old lever, I proceeded to..."
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "Purchased reclining leather sofa with matching chair.Added extra 5 yr warranty 2013 through furniture liquidators. Have had nothing but trouble since purchased. Now the leather is falling off back of..."
- "The lift top coffee the wife and I bought about 8yrs ago has deteriorated over the years. The springs that hold the lift top up and back storage compartment broke..."
- "Customer service was great but quality of food you judge for yourself. Looks like scraps was put on the shooter...."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."