I bought Kwikset locks for my entire house in 2001 (12 years ago).They're all gone bad.
Most of the time, it's the finish. The front door lock finish has simply rubbed twice over time... twice now! They replace them, sure, but you have to take the time to install the lock or hire a locksmith.
It's not worth the trouble, folks. Get a good luck for just a few dollars more and never worry about it again. What a terrible company and product.
I just got off the phone with customer service. I asked if they'd replace my lock with something better this time.
He said it would be the same product, and that "nothing has changed." I guess in 3-4 years I'll be replacing it yet again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kwikset Exterior Door Handle Lock
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I used over 35 gallons of your Deck Over paint to cover my 14'10" x 28' deck and railings last summer. It now makes me sick to look at..."
- "Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with..."
- "I bought top of the line Pergo Flooring with the Gold under layment and some sort of seal for below that. We were told it had a lifetime warranty and..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Do not use there peppercorn grinder! Not only does it grind the pepper but also the plastic that it's made from. Then when you are just about ready to finish..."
- "Shadiest company i have ever worked for..."
- "*** poor made pizza more sauce than toppings I wouldnt feed this *** pizza to the homeless ppl I worked here an no wonder their food sucks who would do..."