Don't buy Kwikset!!

I bought Kwikset locks for my entire house in 2001 (12 years ago).They're all gone bad.

Most of the time, it's the finish. The front door lock finish has simply rubbed twice over time... twice now! They replace them, sure, but you have to take the time to install the lock or hire a locksmith.

It's not worth the trouble, folks. Get a good luck for just a few dollars more and never worry about it again. What a terrible company and product.

I just got off the phone with customer service. I asked if they'd replace my lock with something better this time.

He said it would be the same product, and that "nothing has changed." I guess in 3-4 years I'll be replacing it yet again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 09, 2013 #714327 Dallas, Texas

Dam, I have these same door lock's also.But my lock's look Dam good compared to your's.Mine still look new.Nothing last's forever.

0 1 Reply

Jul 11, 2014 #839365 Frankfort, Kentucky

It's been almost a year since you posted. Do they still look like new?
It's a fake finish and rubs off.

0 0 Reply

Sep 09, 2013 #714317 Douglasville, Georgia

Wow. I was wondering if it was just my locks. My exterior, brushed nickel Kwikset door handles look exactly like this. They look terrible on the front door.

1 0 Reply

Jul 11, 2014 #839369 Frankfort, Kentucky

Nah, they're junk. I just came back today to post a new review because I had to replace TWO other Kwikset lock handles. Unfortunately for me, I have four total in my home. Also, Kwikset now charges a fee to get your warranty replacement.
I'm thinking about just pulling them all out and replacing with Schlage. I feel ripped off.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kwikset. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Kwikset.
Filing a new complaint about