I bought Kwikset locks for my entire house in 2001 (12 years ago).They're all gone bad.
Most of the time, it's the finish. The front door lock finish has simply rubbed twice over time... twice now! They replace them, sure, but you have to take the time to install the lock or hire a locksmith.
It's not worth the trouble, folks. Get a good luck for just a few dollars more and never worry about it again. What a terrible company and product.
I just got off the phone with customer service. I asked if they'd replace my lock with something better this time.
He said it would be the same product, and that "nothing has changed." I guess in 3-4 years I'll be replacing it yet again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kwikset Exterior Door Handle Lock
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Fall 2011, we purchased six interior 6-panel PRE-painted doors from Menard's. We paid $25 extra per door as I thought it would be worth my time not to have..."
- "When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to..."
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "i received the frist wig not like the phote on web site but will keep it also have not gotton other one i orered in second picture and headband..."
- "Placed order 8/8/15, still no delivery as of 9/5/15. Paid with Paypal, that is the only confirmation email I have is from Paypal. Light in the Box sent..."
- "This poorly maintained Golden Corral is along I-81, Hagerstown, MD. Store #2600. My wife and I, after paying at the entrance for the buffet, were absolutely shocked at..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."