Bagdad, Kentucky

I bought Kwikset locks for my entire house in 2001 (12 years ago).They're all gone bad.

Most of the time, it's the finish. The front door lock finish has simply rubbed twice over time... twice now! They replace them, sure, but you have to take the time to install the lock or hire a locksmith.

It's not worth the trouble, folks. Get a good luck for just a few dollars more and never worry about it again. What a terrible company and product.

I just got off the phone with customer service. I asked if they'd replace my lock with something better this time.

He said it would be the same product, and that "nothing has changed." I guess in 3-4 years I'll be replacing it yet again.

Had an Experience with Kwikset?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #714327

Dam, I have these same door lock's also.But my lock's look Dam good compared to your's.Mine still look new.Nothing last's forever.

bek
to LINDA Frankfort, Kentucky, United States #839365

It's been almost a year since you posted. Do they still look like new?

It's a fake finish and rubs off.

Douglasville, Georgia, United States #714317

Wow.I was wondering if it was just my locks.

My exterior, brushed nickel Kwikset door handles look exactly like this.They look terrible on the front door.

bek
to HQ Frankfort, Kentucky, United States #839369

Nah, they're junk.I just came back today to post a new review because I had to replace TWO other Kwikset lock handles.

Unfortunately for me, I have four total in my home.

Also, Kwikset now charges a fee to get your warranty replacement.

I'm thinking about just pulling them all out and replacing with Schlage.I feel ripped off.