Unit:

Kwikset 910 Z-Wave SmartCode Electronic Deadbolt featuring SmartKey in Satin Nickel

I purchased a very expensive smart code lock from Kwikset earlier this year. Last month it stopped working so I contacted Kwikset in order to get my unit repaired. I was told that I would be getting a new replacement unit because the product was only a few months old, which was great. I had to send in pictures of the unit and get final supervisor permission which I was informed should be no problem and would take less than 24 hours. It has been two weeks since then and the only thing I know for sure is that the replacement unit has not been mailed and my case has not been processed.

When contacting Kwikset to get a status update I either get repeatedly hung-up on by their poorly designed automated system or reach someone that says I have the wrong department. I reach the smartcode department, but for some reason since the unit has the Z-wave chip installed that makes them unable to assist me. The home connect option (Z-wave) department they tell me to speak to is seemingly unreachable. The SmartCode and Z-wave Locks are the exact same unit, the Z-wave just has an extra removable chip inserted into it.

Since I could not get the right department on the phone I have sent in multiple inquiries on the status of my replacement unit through their contact form on the www.kwikset.com website and have still not heard back from the Kwikset.

I would like Kwikset to back their products as their electronic smartcode locks are not cheap. I was told I would be getting a new lock to replace the one that broke after only a few months of service. All I am seeking is to receive what I was promised. If this cannot be done then I would like my money back so I can purchase a comparable product from another company. This is a home security product that is supposed to restrict access; the extended time period being taken in my case is unacceptable.

Comments

I bought an expensive, new Kwikset Smartkey lock and it doesn't work properly after ten months. Also, the finish on it is deteriorating. I thought Kwikset was a quality lock.

Seymour, Connecticut, United States #1242462

Same problem here. We've been trying to call for a few days now and can't speak to a human. Has anyone ever talked to someone?

San Diego, California, United States #1114137

I have the same problem!

Simcoe, Ontario, Canada #823636

I have the same issue with 2 smart code locks. One was not working out of the box.

I have spent countless amount of time trying to resolve this. I can not get a hold of anyone there. They always say I am calling the wrong department.

BEWARE!!! Stay away from kwikset they are the worst company I have ever dealt with.